Friday, July 26, 2013

This week in my garden: July 26th, 2013

This is a post inspired by Amanda Soule and her blog Soulemama
This week in my garden: July 18th, 2013

 This week in my garden: July 26th, 2013



 
 
There is finally some sunshine in Tennessee!! Fortunately all the rain made the weeds and grass pretty easy to pull. The blackberry bush got radically pruned which helps when it comes to pick them. The berries seem to be ripening quicker now but it may be due to the rain and not the pruning.
 
The asparagus is still all poofy and remindes me of feathers when it rubs against my hand.
 
My cats are also enjoying the new easy access to the catmint (catnip) bush as well. It has started to flower so it is going to be left outside until some growth occurs.
 
There are also some herbs growing in containers on my porch. Those pictures will be up next week.
This blog was started to note the process in my garden last year. It has helped me this year as well. Even though I have started very late, seeing the process from just a week ago has helped me to keep going. There is a long way to go but as the saying goes "Dead last is better than didn't finish, which is better than didn't start"
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment